Public Sector Equality Duty
At Hillside, we have due regard to the three aims of the equality duty which are to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the duty;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
In order to have due regard to these dutues we will:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics;
- Meet the needs of people with protected characteristics; and
- Encourage people with protected characteristics to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is low.
Please find information below and attached to demonstrate how our school complies with the Public Sector Equality Duty Act.
- Equality Duties and Objectives
- Anti bullying Policy
- Behaviour & Discipline Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Inclusion Policy
- Curriculum and RE Policies
- Charges and Remissions Policy
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Policy. Please also refer to our SEND information page in the Parents Section of the website
- Pupil Premium Outcomes Report. Please also refer to the Pupil Premium page in this section on the website