WELLBEING 2021 - 2022
WELLBEING: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
WELCOME TO OUR WELLBEING PAGE
At Helsby Hillside we are aware of the importance of emotional wellbeing for all students and staff. We consider wellbeing to be central to positive learning outcomes and a healthy and happy school experience. Therefore, we attempt to embed emotional and behavioural wellbeing and positive relationships throughout school life.emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At Hillside we will..
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
At school we use "My Happy Mind" .You can download the app which is free and this gives access to the "Happy Breathing" we practise in school.
Click on this link HERE for a positive question game.
Remember at this time we are all there for each other and we can support each other in many ways.talk,draw,write a diary.Keep smiling.
How about making some positive paper chains.The following link will take you to some to print.Or you could design your own. HERE
We all may feel a little worried or anxious at sometime. In the files to download there is a technique called grounding with your senses.This is a great way to help with these feelings and it really does work.The technique is in the files to download.There are lots of activites and games and ideas in the files to download section.
Get involved with random acts of kindness.
Below is just a suggested list of random acts of kindness we can all do.
Not just children grown ups too.!!
Everyone can get involved.
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them
- Make a cup of tea for someone you live with
- Arrange to have a cup of tea and virtual catch up with someone you know
- Help with a household chore at home
- Arrange to watch a film at the same time as a friend and video call
- Tell someone you know that you are proud of them
- Tell someone you know why you are thankful for them
- Send a motivational text to a friend who is struggling
- Send someone you know a joke to cheer them up
- Send someone you know a picture of a cute animal
- Send an inspirational quote to a friend
- Send an interesting article to a friend
- Contact someone you haven’t seen in a while and arrange a phone catch up
- Spend time playing with your pet
- Reach out to call a friend, family member or neighbour who is experiencing loneliness or self-isolation
- Donate to a charity
- Lend your ear – call a colleague and ask how they’re finding the change in routine
- Give praise to your colleague for something they’ve done well
- Arrange to have a video lunch with a colleague
- Send an inspirational story of kindness people around the world are doing for others to someone you know
- Donate to foodbanks
- Offer to skill share with a friend via video call - you could teach guitar, dance etc.
- Offer support to vulnerable neighbours.
HERE is a link to a video about a hedgehog and a tortoise explaining why we can not hug at the moment.
This is a really catchy song about the 2m distance. It will have you clapping along.HERE
Fantastic catchy sosng about washing you hands. HERE
Next week is CHILDRENS MENTAL HEALTH WEEK. 1st February-5th February 2021
The theme this year is
There is a video to watch and some links in this weeks news letter.
I will put some new activities on this page too.
Mr Richardson has done an assembly this morning for the children and has talked about this week and different activites you can do.Teachers will also be setting different activities as well throughout the week. Keep an eye on your class pages.!!!
We all love a fortune teller HERE is a link for one to make.
NEXT WEEK IS KINDNESS WEEK . 14th February-20th February
HERE is a link for a lovely " MY HAPPY MIND " activity to complete.
This is a lovely check list for kindness week. See how many you can tick off
I hope you are all excited about coming back to school on the 8th of March.
Some of you will be super excited and some may be alittle worried and alittle anxious.
We can not wait to see you all back in school with your smiling faces.
In the files to down load section there is a story all about coming back to school which will hopefully help you and answer any questions or worries you may have.