Hello! We are the family support team here at Helsby Hillside: Sue Leigh (Family Support Worker), Leisa Hughes (Emotional Learning Support Assistant) and Lynda Thomas (School Inclusion Manager and Team Around the Family lead).
Our role in school is to provide support for our pupils and also support, advice and information for families within our school community.
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. We may not have all the answers for every problem, but hopefully we can help you to work out how to find them.
Support for pupils includes:
- help with friendship groups and making relationships
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- support for anxiety/worries
- support with bereavement and grief
- support with any changes to home routines
- help with emotional regulation and conflict
?Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as Housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms
- attendance and support in school and outside agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviours at home/support with eating disorders
How to get in touch:
Please make your initial contact with us directly, through your child’s class teacher, with Mr Khan or through the school office and one of us will get back to you as soon as we are able to. Contact with Sue Leigh can also be made directly if you wish via the email address below.
Sue Leigh, Leisa Hughes and Lynda Thomas
Helsby Hillside Support Team