Year 3 2023 - 2024
Welcome to the Year 3 Class Page
Mr Caldwell / Mrs Evans
Contact email: email@example.com
Weekly Roundup – 17th November
Here is a summary of the learning this week:
- Maths – Year 3 have been using column method to add numbers where an exchange is needed.
- English - The children have been writing speech between characters.
- Science - With Mrs Williams, the children have been sorting animals based on whether they are carnivores, herbivores or omnivores.
- Computing – the children have continued to learn how to move an on-screen sprite in Scratch.
- Art – The children have been working in groups to collaboratively create a collage.
- Whole Class Reading – the children have continued to read The Ice Palace.
- PSHE – the class looked at communities and how they help to keep us safe and happy.
- Geography – the children have begun to learn about climates and biomes and have marked the lines of latitude on an atlas.
Reminders for the week beginning 20/11:
- Monday – PE
- Tuesday – Choir is Tuesday this week
- Wednesday –
- Thursday –
- Friday –
In case you missed it:
I have stocked our reading area with new and engaging books from the Cheshire Education Library. These books will be used to bolster our ‘banded reading book’ stock. It is important to note that not all these books have a coloured sticker that refers to their ‘level’ on them. These books must come into school daily as books that are lost can potentially jeopardise future borrowing.
- Times Table Rockstars – 15 games on the garage mode. The children are all practising the 5-times tables.
- Reading comprehension – a short poem about volcanoes with 5 follow-up questions.
- Reading with an adult 5 x weekly
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display